Goodbye 2008!9:00 AM
Looking back at 2008 it was such a wonderful year. It was full of happiness and great memories.
- J and I got married! And had our dream come true wedding in Negril, Jamaica.
- I traveled to... London (too many times to count), Paris, Nice, Monaco, Cannes, Sydney, Singapore, Barbados, Miami, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Las Vegas, New York and Negril!
- I bought my first Digital SLR camera and have been learning how to take fun pictures rather than just the cheesy touristy or typical sorority girl pictures.
- Bought many pairs of shoes to add to my shoe collection
- I picked up crocheting again to find out that I have a knack for making cute little crochet animals.
- Started a Pilates Reformer class and have fallen in love with Pilates. Best workout ever! I'm willing to pay the price for private lessons. It is so worth it.
- I was Look of the Day on Fabsugar - not just once, but twice! I was Glamour Blog's Best Dressed Reader for a day. Gilt, my favorite shopping site, featured me on their blog, I wrote an article for the Lucky Style Spotter Blog and then our wedding was featured on Southern Weddings Magazine blog!
- I was asked to join an absolutely fantastic and fun dachshund blog to write about my little babies and I just adore being part of that.
- I changed my blog from a wedding planning blog, to the style-ish blog that it is today. Oh and bought my very own domain name!
- I've fallen in love with blogging and my readers and all the amazing blogs that you all write. I started this blog without much intention to do much with it but the blog community is just so amazing that it makes me want to write and put my ideas out there and be part of it all. Thank you so much to everyone that reads this blog. Your emails and comments always make me smile and even just knowing that you are reading has made a huge impact on my year.
So, what am I looking forward to for 2009?
- Continue growing with my photography and save enough money to buy a full frame camera.
- Blog redesign - I want a different look and feel but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
- Travel to... Mexico (my sister's wedding!), New York, San Francisco, Napa Valley, London, Marbella, Taiwan, Japan. These are trips that have already been planned, I'm sure there are going to be a lot more along the way! Las Vegas or L.A., girls trip anyone? :)
- Finish reading Anna Karenina. I've had that book on my shelf for years but it has been so daunting to read it. I finally picked it up during the snowstorm that took out our cable and internet and am quite enjoying it now. I just need to find the time to finish it!
- Crochet more fun stuffies! I have some new ones to debut!
- On that same note, possibly open an Etsy store to sell them!
- Help my sister plan her wedding!
- Continue enjoying being newlyweds and spending every moment that I can with my husband and our doggies.
- Learn to cook. Take a couples cooking class.
- And of course, add many more shoes to my shoe collection.
I am silly and forgot to post these pictures during Christmas but still wanted to share them!