Thanks for all the comments on my last tutorial and thank you for the requests to see more! I am no makeup expert but try to do what I can do so I am happy when my tips help any of you.
I don’t know why I have such trouble photographing my makeup but hopefully these pictures will suffice. I was going for a dark brown eye and natural for the rest of the face.
The makeup used for this look:
- Smashbox eyeshadow palette in Pro
- Ardell false lashes #105
- Bare Escentuals blush
- L’oreal Infallible eye liner
- L’oreal Telescopic liquid eye liner
- various brushes
- Bourgeous lipglooss in #1
- MAC shadestick in Shimmer Sand
- Apply MAC shadestick all over the lid. I like to apply it all over until the spot where I want the shadow to stop at so just slightly above my crease.
- Use brush #1 and eyeshadow #1 and apply over the shadestick, starting from the middle of the lid to the outer corner.
- Dip the brush back into the shadow and then apply color heavily just to the outer corner, think of it as the outer triangle of your eyelid.
- Use brush #2 and eyeshadow #2 and start blending with that shade from the middle of the lid to the inner corner. You will have a bit of a gradient coloring.
- Using the same brush, flip it over on the other side and apply the lightest shade all over the top of the eye lid to blend the color and then at the brow bone to add shimmer.
- Apply blush using brush #4 at the apple of your cheeks sweeping up
- Apply false lashes, I’m wearing Ardell #105.
- To apply lashes: put a very thin line of glue on the strip. Wait for about 5 seconds so that the glue can become tacky.
- Hold lash up to your eyelid to check placement. Place the lash on the inside corner near your lash line (but not on your actual eyelashes) first and then slowly pull the lash down to the outer corner. Hold in place for a few seconds to stay in place.
- Using brush #5 apply the liquid liner #5 to the brush for easier control. Line very lightly over the false lash line to cover it.
- Use the pencil liner, apply to the bottom of your eye lining until about 3/4 of your eye. Smudge, smudge, smudge.
- At the inner bottom corner where you stopped the liner, apply eyeshadow #2 for a bit of a shimmer and to brighten your eyes. Smudge some more.
- Apply golden/nude lipgloss
You can reference yesterday’s lookbook to see how it looks out in the sun. I always try to be creative with my makeup but also try to keep it natural since my work place isn’t the best place to experiment with makeup. Just have fun with it and play around with mixing shadow colors. I love eyeshadow palettes for that very reason!
Apologies for the lack of comments on your blogs and slow response to emails the past week, I have been super busy preparing for my sister’s wedding (as you read this I am on my flight to the Riveria Maya, where it is taking place) which means I also didn’t have time to schedule posts. See you all when I get back next week, can’t wait to get updated on your blogs! Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe fourth of July!
Awesome giveaway when I return! Check out these fabulous ladies for a “sneak peek” of what it will be 🙂
P.S. Feel free to add me on facebook and/or become a fan of style.ish on facebook! I really would like to use facebook to get to know my readers as I know that a lot of people do not have blogs or do not want to comment, which is totally fine but I would love to get to know some of you. I have already “met” so many readers through facebook and I think it’s so great! Thank you all who have added me and big kisses to our style.ish “fans”!
**go check out Punam Bean’s blog (yes, my wedding photographer too!) for my sister and her fiance’s courthouse ceremony pictures. They are truly beautiful! I have had a lot of people ask but no, Jared and I are not shooting her wedding. I think being her Maid of Honor is enough work for me. 😉 haha, just kidding. She really just wanted us to be guests and relax so expect to see some amazing goodness from Punam when we get back. And if you haven’t checked out my wedding pictures yet, click here and here!
You May Also Like…