Welcome to the (shoe) Family!

Please welcome the newest member of my shoe family! The Christian Louboutin Alti!

Loubs_Alti

As I mentioned previously, when I wasn’t feeling so great, J took me to Barney’s to make me feel better. Nothing better than some retail therapy right? At least for this girl. So I walk into Barney’s not really expecting much and walk over to the size 5 section, which is so small that they’ve just consolidated it to “Size 6.5 and under” when I see these beauties and basically gasp “OMG, LOUBOUTINS on SALE! in MY SIZE!” Yes I really did yell that. You see, most people think that us girls with small feet are lucky because our shoe size always goes on sale. You don’t know how many people I’ve talked to who say to me “oh you are lucky! those small sizes always go on sale!” Well, I don’t know what world they come from but it certainly is not mine. Most of the time stores buy a very small stock of size 5 shoes (sometimes just one pair!) and those get bought within the first week of delivery. Sometimes, the store does not even bother to buy a 5 because it’s just too small. Either way, shoes in my size (that are my style) hardly make it to the sale rack and if they do, they get snapped up right quick. (Admittedly usually by me but that is why I am loyal to my sales associates as they call me as soon as they see the 5 come in) So anyway, I was so excited that I basically did a happy dance at the store.

These are crazy high (like almost make me taller than my husband high) and the (male) sales associate that helped me out could not get over that I could actually walk in them. After I paid for them, he handed the bag over to me and said with concern “You be careful when you walk in those.” My husband was like “Don’t worry, this girl was born in high heels.”

When I was little, I’d go into my mom’s closet and try on all her pretty shoes (actually I still do that) and could not wait until I could wear them (too bad I still can’t, she’s a size 6). I’d like to imagine if I have a daughter, she will walk into my closet and do the same with my shoes. I have shoes that I know I will get rid of in a year or two, but shoes like these, I know will stay in my closet forever. I love them that much. As you might recall, I lusted over the YSL Tributes but there was something about them that I just wasn’t sure about. I’m now glad that I didn’t get them as I think these are more me, don’t you agree?

Side note: I have gotten emails from readers asking if I have heard of so and so website that sells Louboutins for cheap(er). After one reader sent me the link to one, I could tell from the pictures that they were fake. Do not be fooled by these websites. I have noticed that they are popping up in google ads everywhere too. Don’t even bother clicking on them unless you want to buy fake shoes. I only buy my designer shoes from high end retail stores like Nordstrom, Saks, Barney’s and Neimans. Do not trust any site that claims to sell designer shoes, especially classic styles or really popular styles for $299 or less. Like they say, if it’s too good to be true, it most likely is.

• Onada - Fashion and Photography
    July 28, 2009 at 4:07 pm

OMG i'm a huge louboutin fan and i think these are FABULOUS! Congratulations on your new shoes! Can't wait to see them in your lookbook photos!!

• Tami
    July 28, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Completely fabulous! I'm so jealous!

• Diana
    July 28, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Those are some amazing shoes! I don't think I could even stand in heels that high, let alone walk.

• Carolyn
    July 28, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Gorgeous, Tiffany! Can't wait to see how you style them.

• foxieracing
    July 28, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I would kill myself in those, no lie. I'm the most awkward girl in heels I know…. 🙁 Gorgeous, but I could never bring myself to buy them either. Too much for shoes I'd snap my neck in!!

• kelly
    July 28, 2009 at 4:34 pm

ok….well hello lovelies indeed! what a great pair to add to the family…and my first thought…they look like those YSL….that im glad you didnt buy because these are so much better…SOOOOOOOO much better!!!!

• Rizza
    July 28, 2009 at 4:49 pm

wow those shoes look amazing! what a great find.

• Ela
    July 28, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Ooooh….I love these! I love the rich hue. And wow, those are high! Cute that the SA was so concerned 🙂 And I do prefer them to the Tribs.

I had no idea you wore a size 5! My cousin does and like you, it is soooo hard for her. I feel bad for you guys 🙁 I'm costantly on the lookout for her – and just 2 months ago, helped her buy 6 pairs in one day, LOL…all on sale of course!

• Maki
    July 28, 2009 at 5:01 pm

Awww so stunning!!!! You'll look so pretty in them:)

• Fabulously Broke
    July 28, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Those are some TALL HEELS.

I can't even dream of walking in them. Kudos.

• Diabolina Da Fashionista
    July 28, 2009 at 5:16 pm

it's like they were made for you! yay!

• Kellie
    July 28, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Those are crazy high and I think I just fell in love w/ them. 🙂

• Cari (Is Not Fashion)
    July 28, 2009 at 5:27 pm

omg they are sooo high. my ankle would be broken in 5 minutes. good for you!

• ...love Maegan
    July 28, 2009 at 5:39 pm

so gorgeous! They are really high …I would have to be strapped in to be able to walk in them!

• The New Black
    July 28, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Oh my, those are SO high! I'm a little envious of you petite little gals that can sport these hot shoes. At 5"10' I can't wear really high heels…I max out at 3 inches. I still like my boyfriend to be an inch or two taller than me when I wear heels.

I just scrolled through your family of shoes and it put a big ol' smile on my face. 🙂

• Elizabeth Marie
    July 28, 2009 at 5:58 pm

GORGEOUS!! I was born in high heels too! 🙂 You are going to rock those out!

(so much better than the ysl ones!) You have the classiest taste! XOXOXO!

• skylark
    July 28, 2009 at 6:11 pm

ABSOLUTELY love your blog! and don't even get me started on the Lou-boos 😉

• courtney
    July 28, 2009 at 6:20 pm

OOOOOOOH Tiff I am LOVING these shoes!! SO gorgeous!<3

• Savvy Mode SG
    July 28, 2009 at 6:32 pm

OOOOOOH how pretty. you are right nothing can make a gal feel better than a new pair of shoes. : ) luckily my mom and i have the same size so i borrow to own sometimes. : )

• God Made Me fuNky
    July 28, 2009 at 6:52 pm

WOw the shoes are gorgeous!!! and lucky you to find them on sale. Nothings gets your spirits up than a good buy!

• Christen
    July 28, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Oh my goodness. I can't get over how beautiful they are! That color is divine. And those heels! *Sigh* I totally understand about never being able to find your size though. I am a 5/5.5 too and I have the same problem.

I can't wait to see what you wear them with!
    Thanks for the pictures!

• Chloe
    July 28, 2009 at 7:28 pm

ACK! Those are heart-stoppingly gorgeous. Enjoy, you lucky thing! And I'll go off and feel better that I have a freakishly average size 7.5 foot…but still no Loubies. *cries*

• Stephanie
    July 28, 2009 at 7:36 pm

What beautiful shoes!

• Christina
    July 28, 2009 at 7:50 pm

"The higher, the better," right? (: Hopefully people will be more careful about where they purchase their designer goods from. Thanks for the tip!

• DaciaVu
    July 28, 2009 at 8:08 pm

Gorgeous!!

• Lys
    July 28, 2009 at 8:22 pm

They are stunning! Simply stunning – *le sigh* I have the opposite problem – I NEVER find Loubous on the rack here in OTown, especially in a 10 unless they are heinous and even then, I don't know who would wear those specific ones. Eeehhh – things will look up for my shoe closet once I move to Philly.

Congrats on the new [shoe] family member 🙂

• Chessa!
    July 28, 2009 at 8:35 pm

love love love love love! they are gorgeous. that color is to die. DIE. I love them for the fall. yes…they are super high. I'd probably break my ankle but I love them still. I can't wait to see what you pair with them. hope you are feeling better:)

ps–stop by my blog today to enter to win a free print:) xx

• Fashion Therapist
    July 28, 2009 at 8:45 pm

What a great addition!!!! Loves it.

• Iva
    July 28, 2009 at 8:45 pm

oh yes welcome to the family indeed! so pretty..love the height! AND great advise at the end.

• Hanako66
    July 28, 2009 at 9:28 pm

omg tiff, they are beautiful!!! that color is just so fabulous!

• L.A. Daze
    July 28, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Wow…I wouldn't be able to walk around in those. Way too high! What's the height of the heel? 150mm?? LOVE the color though.

• WendyB
    July 28, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Congrats on your new babies 🙂
    I love what your husband said!

• Kristin
    July 28, 2009 at 10:11 pm

There I are seriously gorgeous. I know I would break my neck in them. Sigh.

• Kristin
    July 28, 2009 at 10:11 pm

And once again the evil typo gods got to me. That should have read…They are seriously gorgeous. Geesh.

• steph
    July 28, 2009 at 10:50 pm

Totally jelly! What a great pair! Congrats!

• Diane
    July 28, 2009 at 11:15 pm

omg these are SO HIGH! don't break an ankle…

• Abby
    July 28, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Can't wait to see what outfit you pair these with!

I personally can't do anything higher than 3" without a strap.

• Leah
    July 28, 2009 at 11:32 pm

I am very excited to see these in an outfit post!

• Amanda K
    July 28, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Those shoes look fabulous.

• Delectable Swank
    July 28, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Those are some of the highest heels I have seen but oh-so lovely! Even though I do not have small feet my best friend's sister has size 5 feet and has a hard time finding cute shoes as well. Yay for finding those beauties on sale AND in your size!

• tinklestar
    July 29, 2009 at 12:20 am

wow… those louboutins are HOT! and i totally agree with you about the tributes… i felt the same way. there was something about them that i didn't like but i just couldn't put my finger on it. these shoes are a much better alternative.

• M1RACLE
    July 29, 2009 at 12:35 am

Hi Tiffany!

I totally agree with you about shoes when it comes to us petites. I was at Le Château shopping for heels to wear to my graduation party and in most instances, I am a five and a half. I see these gorgeous shoes but none in my size and the sales lady already mentioned that the shoes I had my eyes on were new. But like you said, someone snapped it up before I did ):
    (Sadly, this has happened more than once =(

Anyways, I'm really digging your new loves 🙂

• Nicole Marie
    July 29, 2009 at 12:46 am

yay yay yay! how exciting! i bet that just turned your day right back around!

• TheBeautyFile
    July 29, 2009 at 1:09 am

Wow, these are amazing…the PERFECT color for Fall…or any other season for that matter!!

• MizzJ
    July 29, 2009 at 1:12 am

Congrats on that gorgeous find! I sooo feel your pain with having small feet, I'm a size 5 as well and you are totally right about us not being as lucky as most people assume. Besides finding small sizes, my feet are also rather narrow at the ankle so I never find pumps or flats without straps that fit me (except in Asia) – do you have the same problem and if so how do you solve it?

• Leah
    July 29, 2009 at 1:53 am

Hot Shoes!!! LOVE the color! xoxo

• Lily G.
    July 29, 2009 at 1:59 am

Wow, those shoes are amazing. Louboutins on sale? When does that happen! Lucky girl.

• tiffany2stylish
    July 29, 2009 at 2:44 am

Thank you all! I knew you all would appreciate a pretty pair of shoes! I wore them for the first time last week and I walked a bit slower than usual but didn't fall! 🙂

tinklestar – yes, the tributes. not sure what it was about them. loved them on others, just not me!

Miracle – so frustrating right? happens to me all the time. Glad to have a few size 5's here to feel my pain!

Mizz J- hmm… I don't have that same problem. Maybe you could add a bit of padding to the back of the pump to hold your feet in a bit?

Lily G. – tons of Louboutins are still on sale at Barney's! take a peek if they have your size! 🙂

• ccshopaholic
    July 29, 2009 at 2:50 am

These shoes are gorgeous. I hope you'll post lookbook pics with them soon!

• Fashionista
    July 29, 2009 at 4:00 am

gorgeous find…i'm a size 5 too…the most sale shoes i can find is at nordstrom…

• saralovesshoes
    July 29, 2009 at 4:50 am

great shoes! i love it when you find "that shoe" on sale!

• Piggy wants Manolos
    July 29, 2009 at 1:11 pm

*turning green with envy* those are absolutely beautiful! I love your blog, my shoe addiction lives vicariously through you….

• captivate me.
    July 29, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I'm so JEALOUS. And I'm drooling. I'm a drooling, jealous girl that wishes we wore the same size!

• dreamer0703
    July 29, 2009 at 3:09 pm

OMG.. those shoes are gorgeous!!

• Tiphaine
    July 29, 2009 at 3:10 pm

OMG Those ones are awesome !
    I love your way to write … quite funny !

see ya'!

mainchicavenue.blogspot.com

• Fashion By He
    July 29, 2009 at 4:10 pm

GREAT SHOES…check out the shoe of the week

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

• Fabulous Fashion Finds
    July 30, 2009 at 5:53 am

I love love love these Louboutins. They are absolutely gorgeous. They are high, I don't know if I can walk in them, but I would buy them too if I saw them on sale. I wear 5, 5.5 or sometime 6 depends on the style, but I think in the pumps version, I wear the same size as you do. Lucky you that I don't live near the Barneys near you or I would have snapped them right before you:) j/k, no but I would….I too tried on the YLS and I dont care for them. These pumps would speak my style…..congrats and enjoy your new purchase:)

• God's Favorite Shoes!
    July 30, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Those are some fierce Shoes!!!! Even I would not be able to rock those…for long…but I would look good in them sitting in a chair! lol

• a!k0
    August 1, 2009 at 9:49 pm

WOW, love the shoe!!! I am not surprise you can walk in them, I dont think I could tho, I wouldnt dare to 😛

oh since I live in SEA (South East Asia) there are a lot of people with size 5 feet, which is generally pretty annoying since there are a limited bigger size (7 and above) so size 5s are everywhere!!! 😛

• Little Bow Prep
    August 4, 2009 at 3:50 am

Fab shoes!

• Miss Carmella
    August 6, 2009 at 3:11 am

Hey Tiffany I just saw a picture of Victoria Beckham wearing these killer heels in US weekly mag~! So fierce~!

• blushingjoy
    August 8, 2009 at 1:50 pm

That's an awesome deal!! Gorgeous pair of shoes!

• cecilia
    December 28, 2009 at 9:47 pm

So Pretty! I just got my first pair of Loboutins for Christmas and I am in love! Great to know about small sizes going on sale. Im a size 5 as well and have a hard time finding them.