Hello loves! I’m back from Mexico! I had such a wonderful time and my sister’s wedding was just beautiful. I thought it’d be great to start off my return from vacation with a fabulous review and giveaway!
When Kelly over at my so called fabulous life asked me if I wanted to participate in a Peek review I was intrigued. I hadn’t heard of it before so I googled it to find out it was a little device that you could get emails and texts on all without the hefty fees of a data plan. Oh and no long term contracts which I think is so great. I hate getting locked in for 2 years with my phone plan. I currently have an iPhone that I love very much, I am always emailing and texting on it so I am pretty biased towards it. But I thought it would be neat to see how I would like a device that took all the bells and whistles away and really just gave me the two things that I do most on my iPhone anyway.
What I liked about it:
- Really easy to type. The little keys on the Peek were perfect and I could type out messages in no time. (way faster than on my iPhone!)
- The blue blinking light that alerted me to new e-mails. As well as how it slightly vibrated whenever a new email came through.
- It was so easy to set up that I thought I had done something wrong. But nope, all my emails started showing up within minutes of me setting up the account.
- Importing contacts was easy.
- It was lightweight and added no heft to my handbag.
- It kept it’s charge for quite awhile, I only had to charge it once every other day.
- It syncs right to your email, no having to push a button to download new mails, it will download when you get new mails.
- Emailing was easy and they went through with no problems at all.
- It can hold up to 5 email accounts
- The price for the device is only $59.95 and the price for the regular Peek (email only, no texting) is $19.95! So affordable!
What I didn’t like about it:
- It doesn’t connect with your email accounts so if you read it on your peek, it doesn’t know that so it keeps it unread when you check it on your computer.
- Texting was iffy at best. I think my husband still has not recieved the text I sent to him 2 weeks ago and I think one of my texts to a friend took like 5 hours to get to her.
- You can’t separate your accounts. All emails just show up in the same place. I have a few personal accounts but couldn’t separate my hotmail from my gmail.
All in all, I liked the Peek. It was super easy to use and really easy to check my emails on and type out messages which is really important. I would totally recommend this to somebody who didn’t want to pay for a long term data plan. At $14.99/month, the plan is much cheaper than a full data plan which is perfect for people that don’t need the extra things that smart phones do. It’s actually great for someone like my mom who would be thoroughly confused by a more high tech phone like an iPhone, I’m actually planning on continuing the service and giving it to her to see how she likes it. I have enjoyed my free trial with the Peek and I want to thank Kelly and Julie from Six Apart for letting me participate!
Now for the fun part! I am giving away one brand new Peek Pronto with one month of free service! Since this is such an awesome giveaway, I really would like to give this to one of my loyal readers so here are the ways to win:
- You must be a follower: Through blogger, a RSS reader, facebook, twitter etc…
- Leave a comment on this post on how you follow me. If you follow me in several ways (twitter + blogger, blogger + facebook, etc…) let me know and I’ll count each one as an extra entry.
- If you tweet this on twitter you will get an additional entry (leave a comment here with the tweet)
- If you fan style.ish on facebook you will get another entry! (again, let me know here if you do so I can track the entries easily)
- If you post this on your blog will get another entry. You can copy/paste that picture above if you want to. (leave a comment here linking to your post or blog if you have it on your sidebar.)
- So sorry, but this contest is open to US residents 18 and over only
- I will close the comments on July 17th at 5:00PM
- Winner will be chosen by random draw and posted on this post within the next few days.
- Winner must email me back within two days or else a new winner will be chosen.
Good Luck! If you haven’t yet, go check out my so called fabulous life, Femme Rationale and Through the Looking Glass for their reviews as well. They’ve already had their giveaways so hopefully if you didn’t win one of theirs, maybe you’ll win mine!
You May Also Like…