Last week when I mentioned in my 10 things post about my nail routine, a lot of you were interested in it so had to make sure to get this post up! I totally understand the importance of a long lasting manicure as it is a pain in the butt to always be painting your nails.
I have pretty weak nails, like they are soft and bendy. I tend to think that my weak nails also contribute to how much my nails chip. Before I started this routine my nails would last maybe two days tops and then I'd have to deal with either having chipped nails or make time every few days to touch up or paint again.
So here is my routine that I discovered that has helped me have chip-free nails for at least a week.
1. Seche Soft Cuticle Softener Therapy, 2. OPI Natural Nail Strengthener, 3. OPI ChipSkip, 4. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Apply the Seche Soft Cuticle Softener Therapy on all nails. Rub it all over your cuticles and nails and then push back cuticles with an orange stick.
- I use the OPI Natural Nail Strengthener as a base coat and wait a minute for it to dry.
- Next is the OPI ChipSkip over the entire nails
- Apply two coats of nail polish. Let each coat dry for at least a few minutes before applying another coat.
- Make sure to let you nails dry a bit and then apply Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. This stuff does really dry fast and it creates an extra layer over your nails to protect it.
- You're done!
I love pink nail polish and am always buying different shades. I usually switch between pinks and purples but always seems to end up buying more and more pinks. Here are a my favorite pinks:
The OPI's are
- I'm Indi-a Mood for Love
- Feelin' Hot Hot Hot
- Shorts Story
So, there you go! If any of you try this out, let me know how it works for you!
sidenote: I've been a bit MIA on the internets lately. I haven't been able to comment on all my favorite blogs or even interact on twitter which is something I love to do. My facebook updates are pretty non-existent but if you leave a comment on there I always try to reply back. Just so you know it's only because I am in my first full-blown busy wedding month as we are booked for weddings, engagements, or day after sessions for the next 5 weeks AND we are coming to fiscal year end at my full time job so I'm a bit in over my head. But no worries, I am the queen of organization and time management so will make some time to visit your blogs, facebook and twitter with you all when I can! I hope that you forgive me for being so late in my visits and responses. I am going to cut down my posts to about 3-4 a week until my crazy schedule dies down. I just want to say thank you all for reading and coming back to visit and leaving your comments and writing me emails, they all make my day!
And since there won't be a post tomorrow, maybe you could check out my latest posts on Elizabeth Anne Designs Living!
Click here to follow me on twitter and here to add me on facebook! If you love our photography, please also fan us on facebook! Kisses!