Week in iPhone pics: Chanel, Lula and FOOD!

First, I have to tell you that I’m so excited that I finally figured out how to “reply” to my comments.  I’ve been trying to reply to you all but it takes me forever to scroll up and down and write the reply but I do really enjoy your comments and am trying my best to get back to you!  I installed this code to make it easy to reply to your comment so if you ever leave a question here or just want to check back I try to reply by the end of the night of each post.

My January so far has been fabulous!  How about you?  As promised, another week in iPhone pics!  We may own several fancy dSLR cameras and thousands of $$ worth of lenses but I take way more pictures with my iPhone.  It’s just so handy and if you take the time to set up and compose your shot, it can come out pretty nice too.  Not all of them will turn out great but the same goes for dSLR’s.  Fancy cameras does not equal automatic nice pictures.  Remember, “the best camera is the one that’s with you” no matter how big it is or how much it cost.  Anyway! Onto my iPhone highlights of the past week!

iPhone_Pics_January
1. Umm no explanation necessary.  A little Chanel to start off the year never hurt nobody ๐Ÿ™‚
2. I missed the last issue of Lula (one of my favorite magazines) so am glad I got my hands on the newest one!
3. I ordered this from the Sephora/Hello Kitty collab preview.  It’s the CUTEST brush holder but I prefer it on my desk than in my bathroom!
4.  Antique shopping.  Ahh vintage sparkly jewelry is my weakness!
5.  Just a picture of my puppers Macho because he’s adorable.
6.  Shopping at Madewell while wearing an entire outfit from Madewell.  (I like that store too much!)
7. A decadent business dinner at the Metropolitan Grill.  Let’s just say it was 5 bottles of wine between 4 people.  And I started off with a martini.  Closing a business deal is hard work. ๐Ÿ˜‰
8.  We threw my brother a surprise birthday party at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants.  We ordered so much food but the Salt and Pepper Crab there is to.die.for.
9. OK I’m cheating here ๐Ÿ™‚ This is a picture of a picture from my Real Simple magazine.  It’s the Seafood Chowder that I mentioned on my post last week.  A few of you asked for the recipe so click here!
10. I made Tonkatsu over Japanese curry with brown rice.   First time making Tonkatsu and I did a dang good job.  <—Hubs can vouch for that!  Even better than getting it at a restaurant! ๐Ÿ™‚  I just followed a basic tonkatsu recipe (you can usually find it off the Panko breading package) and since I was a child, my mother has always used the S&B Golden Curry roux so I don’t stray from that as it never disappoints. (I always buy the HOT, we like it spicy although it’s not too spicy at all).  I just put in caramelized onions (do that first) and carrots.
All photos were taken by me and edited using the Cross Process app (except for #9 was not edited) and collage was created in Photoshop.

• Elle
    January 19, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Gorgeous pictures, iPhone picture quality can't compare with DSLR but I think these are really great and really capture the brilliance of everyday life. Congrats on the Chanel WOC – it's SO PRETTY!

• lisa
    January 19, 2011 at 1:17 pm

love your week in iphone pictures!!! ahhh love your new fuschia woc.. so beautiful *sigh* i've been chanel deprived.. can't wait for all the spring/summer chanel stuff to come out!!

• PetiteAsianGirl
    January 19, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I love #1, #4, and #10! I can't believe you cooked that…it looks delicious.

Is that a new hot pink WOC? The WOC is so amazingly versatile…I'm sure this will be a nice addition to your other crossbody for dog walking.

• Twenty.Something
    January 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Always such cute photos! The color of that Chanel bag is gorgeous… I want!! It's like delicious.

• Lys
    January 19, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Love the photos – will have to check out the app. as well. That Chanel is gorgeous!

~Lys / CookingInStilettos.org

• aftertherace
    January 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Ah! This post makes me want an iphone even MORE. Also, love #3. ๐Ÿ˜‰

January 19, 2011 at 4:37 pm

@Elle
    Oh no, definitely not comparing quality, I use my DSLR when I want great pictures that are suitable for framing but like you said, the iPhone is great for remembering snippets of everyday life!

January 19, 2011 at 4:37 pm

@lisa I know, the color is beautiful right? I walked into the Chanel boutique and just gravitated towards the color. I can't wait either!

January 19, 2011 at 4:39 pm

@PetiteAsianGirl
    Yes, it's a new color! I do love the WOC and it's a classic bag that actually did not get affected by the latest price increase! (although the price is still ridiculous, my husband almost passed out when he saw the price tag – LOL!)

January 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm

@Twenty.Something thank you! Delicious is a good word for the Chanel. hehehe! ๐Ÿ™‚

January 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm

@Lys Yes, it's my favorite photo app for the iPhone!

January 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm

@aftertherace The iPhone 4 is a must have! Not for the camera but for the phone itself, I love it! And Macho says thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

• ChicLeVogue
    January 19, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Love the WOC. The pink is just tooo hot and yummy!!!

• Christina
    January 19, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I am weak to the effects of sparkly jewelry as well. And that clam chowder looks amazing.

• Mo
    January 19, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Hahaha…I was thinking 'how did she get that shot??" when I saw number 9, and then I saw your caption. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Love the pink bag as everyone else has mentioned!!

• Pandesaldreamer
    January 19, 2011 at 5:55 pm

When I saw your cute hello kitty holder, it made me wished that I had a desk job and not a healthcare hospital job ๐Ÿ™‚ We love making Japanese Curry in our house too and looooove this brand. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_14?url=search-alias%3Dgrocery&field-keywords=kokumaro+curry&x=0&y=0&sprefix=kokumaro+curry

• Nancy
    January 19, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I adore your Chanel. I'm acutally saving up for one ๐Ÿ™‚ & I cannot wait. How much are for one, in the states? Just wondering cause I live in Canada and maybe there is a difference in price. (If you don't mind me asking). Thank you! Btw, I'm so tempted to purchase an Iphone. Hehe.

• Nancy
    January 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I am a huge fan of your blog!…and that last photo of the curry made my stomach rumble! Your curry looks delicious! I'm inspired to make my own! =)

IF by any chance and luck you have a moment (as I'm sure many have asked you to do), please check me out! http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

• Empee
    January 19, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I can't wait to hit up Madewell when I go to Seattle! And we have the same Rebecca Minkoff MAB Mini! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Holly
    January 19, 2011 at 6:46 pm

you're right, a little chanel never hurt anyone!

• DSK Steph!
    January 19, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Tiffany! You know you have to tell me which Chinese restaurant #8 is!

Do you like dim sum? (sorry if you've talked about these already in past posts)

These have been my favorites that I've found thus far.

Noble Court – Bellevue (thumbs up!)
    Top Gun – Factoria (thumbs up!)
    King Chinese Restaurant – Bellevue (thumbs up!)

I used to live on that side of town when I first moved to WA so we just followed the crowds lol on a Sunday. It seems to work well!

There's a new Chinese grocery store near Top Gun called Jing Jing or JingJing. I just love new clean Asian grocery stores haha

But..Seafood City in SC = total fail in my opinion.

• CessOviedo
    January 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm

#1 and #3 are adorable! … Gotta love Chanel, and girly in me still loves Kitty so much! … Btw there's a little mention of you on my post today, hope you can check it ๐Ÿ™‚

• Carol
    January 19, 2011 at 8:34 pm

OMG, I also have that blue RM MAC! I'm carrying mine today too! haha ๐Ÿ˜€ This is why I love your blog. I love everything you love! I'm totally dying of envy of your new Chanel purchase!!

• PetiteLittleGirl
    January 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Those are great photos. I take more pictures with my iphone too especially when I am shopping or running around. Love love love your new Chanel bag. It's so gorgeous!

• Katie
    January 19, 2011 at 9:26 pm

The Chanel is gorgeous! I might have to add the comment feature, Id love to be able to comment back!

• femalethreat
    January 19, 2011 at 9:49 pm

There's nothing wrong with starting the year off with a Chanel! I started mine with a new LV!

This comment thing is confusing. It's not open to non-account members. Anywho, cute blog!

• faye lu review
    January 19, 2011 at 10:16 pm

pic # 5 makes my heart melt. mega hearts. and that chanel is gorgeous. sure you cuold easily find a lipstick to match that hit pink. hooootttt. thanks for sharing x
    p.s. that 'reply' code is awesome!

• Meisha.Style
    January 19, 2011 at 10:37 pm

adorable pictures! gorgeous bagโ™ฅ

thanks for the "reply" code!

• Taryn
    January 19, 2011 at 11:01 pm

i love that brand of curry too! i use it all the time changing it up with pork/chicken/etc. sometimes i'll add carrots and potatoes too!
    i'd love to see a quick tutorial on how you use photoshop to create your collages! currently i use photoscape for collages but i'd love to have more control using photoshop! ๐Ÿ™‚

January 19, 2011 at 11:49 pm

@ChicLeVogue it's the perfect shade of pink!

January 19, 2011 at 11:50 pm

@Christina the chowder was really good and super easy to make, you should try it!

January 19, 2011 at 11:51 pm

@Mo LOL! My soup didn't turn out nearly as pretty as their picture so I thought you guys would appreciate it more ๐Ÿ™‚

January 19, 2011 at 11:51 pm

@Pandesaldreamer oh! good to know! I'm going to see if our Japanese grocery store has this and try it out!

January 19, 2011 at 11:54 pm

@Nancy Good job saving up! It's totally worth it ๐Ÿ™‚ I don't mind you asking at all, it's definitely good to know how much things cost here in case you can get a better deal! It was $1575.

January 19, 2011 at 11:55 pm

@Nancy Yes it was delicous! You should make it, it's so good to have curry on a cold gray day. It's like comfort food to me! Thanks for introducing me to your blog, will definitely check it out!

January 19, 2011 at 11:56 pm

@Empee Yeah! It's the best store. Don't you love RM purses? They are so great!

January 19, 2011 at 11:57 pm

@Holly Never! maybe just my bank account. LOL!

January 19, 2011 at 11:58 pm

@DSK Steph! Bamboo Garden in Bellevue!

And too funny, we just had dim sum today! I love dim sum! And we went to Top Gun. There's some good places in Chinatown but I just felt like going over to the eastside today. I saw the new grocery store but didn't go in, it looks nice!

January 19, 2011 at 11:58 pm

@CessOviedo Yes, I will always love Chanel AND Hello Kitty ๐Ÿ™‚

January 19, 2011 at 11:59 pm

@Carol Don't you love it? It's small but still holds a lot!

January 19, 2011 at 11:59 pm

@PetiteLittleGirl I know, it's so easy to whip out of my purse and just snap a pic!

January 19, 2011 at 11:59 pm

@Katie You should! I'm loving it! So easy to reply.

January 20, 2011 at 12:01 am

@femalethreat oooh… which one? I love LV too!

Sorry about that, what do you mean non-account members? I'll see what I can do to fix it, I haven't changed anything recently except for the reply function. Thanks for letting me know!

January 20, 2011 at 12:01 am

@faye lu review aww thanks! You're right, I should find a lipstick and a nail polish to match!

January 20, 2011 at 12:02 am

@Meisha.Style thanks and you're welcome!

January 20, 2011 at 12:13 am

@Taryn I usually make it with chicken and potatoes, onions, carrots and celery. so yummers! I wish I could do a quick tutorial for you but I just play around with Photoshop and figure things out on the fly so I'm afraid I'd give some weirdo instructions that nobody would understand but me! But I'll look for some good tutorials and post them!

• Youa
    January 20, 2011 at 12:16 am

awesome idea! i want to start doing this on my blog too.

it's so much easier to shoot with the iphone than the dslr. i use to carry my camera w me all the time but it made my bag so heavy and it hurted my shoulder!

i love the chanel bag. nice choice in color. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Rin
    January 20, 2011 at 1:41 am

I want that Chanel bag. End. of. story.

January 20, 2011 at 2:49 am

@Youa You should! I would love to see your pics! I was the same with my dslr, it would kill me lugging it around so I just leave it at home most days now!

January 20, 2011 at 2:49 am

@Rin ๐Ÿ™‚ I felt the same way that is why I couldn't leave the Chanel boutique without it!

• Sandra Stewart
    January 20, 2011 at 3:35 am

love the chanel , amazing colour !

great blog ,

sandra x

• kileen
    January 20, 2011 at 5:26 am

omg, i'm in love with your Chanel woc!! love the hot pink color and it'll go perfect with all of your outfits. and your tonkatsu looks so delicious!!

cute and little
    come join the Color Brigade!

• MizzJ
    January 20, 2011 at 7:48 am

This is such a cool blog post series! It makes me want to take a bunch of photos and do the same with my cell hehe. That HK brush holder is so cute!!

• Rafaella Online
    January 20, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Cool blog! I love it! come to mine please :D!
    htttp://www.TheStyleStash.com

• ReallyPetite
    January 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm

OMG…I have been looking for a lighter baby pink Chanel…yours is so gorgeous!!

And the food looks so yummie!

• Fashion Frenzi
    January 21, 2011 at 12:29 am

I love the pink Chanel! Will you do a lookbook with it please?

sequinsandsoliloquies.tumblr,com

• Crystal
    January 21, 2011 at 5:11 am

Hi Tiffany.
    I need help lol! I'm thinking of either getting a Chanel Classic Flap bag (medium), or a WOC. If you could choose, which one would you get, and why? Well that's if you haven't purchased as WOC :).

The Classic is such a big price difference, and I don't really want to spend that MUCH on a bag, but it's such a beauty, that I'm thinking of doing it, haha! ๐Ÿ™

• Crystal
    January 21, 2011 at 5:21 am

oops, I meant in a jumbo size, not medium. ๐Ÿ™‚

what's your take in the sizes, and which one would you prefer for the Classic Flap Bag.

Thank you!

• cinzee
    January 21, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Love your photos! so u got 2 doggies? This is a cute one too. ANd i love that Hello Kitty brush holder!!:D I was a big Hello Kitty fan as a kid,hahaha.

Have a great weekend ahead!

Cinz

January 21, 2011 at 6:15 pm

@Fashion Frenzi will try to do one soon!

January 21, 2011 at 6:17 pm

@Crystal ooooh, I would totally get the Flap!! I'm like so excited for you! I love the WOC but if you are choosing between the two definitely get the flap. And I do adore the jumbo size, that's the one that I was eyeing. I know it's huge but I love that it's huge ๐Ÿ™‚

January 21, 2011 at 6:18 pm

@ReallyPetite I love the baby pink Chanel bags. Have you checked ebay? I think they have some on there!

January 21, 2011 at 6:19 pm

@cinzee yup 2 doggies! I guess I never have both of them together in one post! I know, I was such a huge fan of Hello Kitty when I was little and my love for it never went away!

• Richelle
    January 22, 2011 at 9:18 am

@Tiffany – I am Style-ish

(this is femalethreat) I bought the courtney multicolore clutch!

About the comments thing. One of my inet friends uses this type of blog and she had the same problem. I guess she changed some options and now there's this "Name" and "URL" field which made it so much easier for me to leave her comments.

• Fashion Frenzi
    January 22, 2011 at 11:03 pm

@Tiffany – I am Style-ish
    thanks!

January 23, 2011 at 1:14 am

@Richelle

Gorgeous!! I LOVE that clutch.

Thanks for letting me know, it might be because I have a weirdo template so it won't let me change the comment settings but I'll see what I can figure out.

• S.
    March 1, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Love the effects on the photos, you should try the camera plus app, it can take multiple shots, and its much faster than the camera on the iphone. Plus it has some cool editing features. =)