I was getting ready to write a recap post, since this will be my last post of 2011. But… I was bored by it. HA! So you guys get a shopping post instead because I’ve been busy scouring the deals out there and had to share.
You know my love for Madewell so I was very excited to see that they are doing an additional 30% off sale items. (4% cashback at ebates) I’m often asked about Madewell sizing since I know they don’t have stores in a lot of cities. For me, I’m mostly true to size. However, I noticed that they recently started carrying XXS in some items and I bought a few cardigans like #4 below in an XXS and it fits great for (obviously) a slimmer fit. Otherwise, an XS works fine for me. For jeans, they run smaller than J Crew and their skinny jeans are definitely more form fitting.
1. Spotted Snowfall Sweater – not on sale online but it is in stores. I think for $49.99 (?) not sure about the price but I know it was on sale for sure and addt’l 30% off in stores as well. I love it but for some reason these kinds of crew necks look terrible on me (I look like I have no neck) so I passed but I love the sweater! See it on Kelly in the tan color, doesn’t she look great?
2. Printed Storybook Dress – I can’t help but love this dress even though I’m not a huge fan of strapless dresses. The print is adorable as well as the pleating and the full skirt. I tried it on in store and passed because I bought too much stuff but am really tempted to go back for it.
3. Sweater Blazer – just a great classic looking blazer but in a sweater material which I adore because blazers can get a bit uncomfy since most of them are a bit stiff to keep the structured look.
4. First Frost Cardigan – I own many cardigans from Madewell and I especially love the quality and that they don’t get misshapen. I wear cardigans a lot during the winter, even if I’m already wearing a sweater (I get cold a lot) and I can’t stand it when the sleeves and shoulders start to stretch too much which a lot of cheaper sweaters do.
5. Spotted Snowfall Slipper – I always wear slippers at home. Yes, mainly because I’m Asian and I’ve always taken my shoes off at home but also because I live in an industrial style loft and our floors are concrete. If I don’t wear slippers at home, my feet will freeze!
6. And I didn’t include it in the collage above since you just saw them on me but if you are on the hunt for pink skinny jeans (or even purple) get the BlankNYC ones for $50! I just saw that they had turquoise ones too! Hmmm… might add those to my cart right now!
ASOS is having an up to 70% off sale now with lots of cute stuff. (3.5% cashback at ebates) ASOS is always a hit or miss for me. Lately more hits than misses so I’ve been looking and bookmarking quite a few things. Here’s what I’m loving and at great sale prices too.
ASOS PETITE Cropped Pant with Jet Pocket – I got these in a purple earlier this year but in the regular sizing and it didn’t work out for me. I loved the style so hoping that these in petite sizing will be better for me.
2. ASOS Pussybow Blouse In Floral Print – cute floral print and my obsession with bow blouses still isn’t over.
3. ASOS PETITE Exclusive Midi Dress With Button Front – just cute. Love the color. Will pair it with black tights and my Miu Miu heels.
4. ASOS Fluffy Spot Sweater – dots are the new stripes for me. I’ve been loving everything spotted lately. Again with the high crew neck, so it might not work for me but I figured I’d try it out. I love this color combo.
5. ASOS Fluoro Sweater – I really wanted this sweater and sad that it’s already out of my size. I bought a few things in this bright yellow and I’ve decided it’s my new “pop of color” fave!
I bought a few Christmas gifts on Piperlime and ever since have been stalking their sale section. They carry a lot of great brands and lots of good stuff on sale right now.
1. Michael Stars Short Sleeve Off Shoulder Top – this top is so pretty. I can see it being paired with my red skinny jeans and my gold clutch.
2. Michael Stars Sequin Front Tee – another pretty tee. I think this would be cute paired with a cozy cardigan (like #4), kind of an unexpected pop of sparkle.
3. Hive & Honey Double Layer Crochet Cami – like I said, I’m really into yellow right now and love it paired with this gray. Would be so pretty underneath a blazer and paired with jeans.
4. Hive & Honey Fair Isle Open Front Sweater – I live for cozy cardigans in this weather. It’s my favorite thing to slip one over anything that I’m wearing. It doesn’t even have to match!
5. Citizens of Humanity Angie Panorama Twill Pants – Since I discovered my love of flare (or bellbottom) pants, I think I might take the plunge with another pair and I love that these are twill and not jeans since I mainly just find flare jeans and I don’t need another pair as I love mine.
6. AG Adriano Goldschmied The Sateen Stilt Pants – another pair of colored pants, but I love this purple. I think they would be perfect with my brown over the knee boots!
Oh and if you were looking for the J Crew sequin shirt that I wore in my giveaway video (you still have time to enter!) they finally put it back online. You can get it here in 3 colors. Also wearing our Gold Drop Luxe Earrings.
You May Also Like…