It’s been awhile since I talked about skincare and I’ve updated my routine and found new products so wanted to share!
1. Earth Science Eye Makeup Remover Chamomile and Green Tea – I’m a pretty heavy eyeliner user and I am crazy about getting every last bit off. I’ve been using Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover
for years but in the past few months, it’s been irritating my eyes and not getting the makeup off as much as I’d like. I went searching for a more gentle, non-irritating product and came upon this one in the beauty section at Whole Foods. It’s more of a gel but I like it because I feel like it does a better job of taking of the makeup in one clean sweep rather than having to go back and remove some more. (Just a tip, it’s cheaper at Amazon than it is at Whole Foods so don’t get it there.)
2. Xen-Tan Face Tanner – I don’t mind getting my body tan through the sun but I’m so paranoid of freckles and wrinkles that I use pretty strong SPF on my face and when I go on vacation, I always bring hats to wear in the sun. To offset the weird pale face/tan body I use a face tanner. I got this one as a sample but I ended up liking it so much I bought it and have been using it all summer. Granted, I haven’t gotten much sun this summer so I’m not that much tanner but still it gives my face a slight tan and it’s a very subtle difference which is what I’m looking for. Many formulas are for face and body which I don’t believe in as what you put on your body should not be the same formula as your face so I like that this one is specifically for your face.
3. DDF Glycolic 10% Exfoliating Moisturizer – I get breakouts occasionally, especially on my forehead and hair line and my first defense against breakouts is glycolic acid. It’s been pretty effective for me and I really like having something a bit stronger like this when it’s needed.
4. Alba Facial Scrub, Sea Algae Enzyme – I love exfoliating. It’s so soothing and I love the feeling of getting all those dead skin cells off. I spend a lot of time testing exfoliators and I finally found one that I love! This one has the perfect size of granules where it’s not to harsh but also not too soft. It just feels like it’s getting it’s job done, know what I mean?
5. Glytone Mini Peel Gel – I was looking for something to make my skin glowy and “fresh” (which is a funny word for skin but I don’t know how else to explain it. I caution if you have sensitive skin from using this. It doesn’t irritate my skin or anything but it certainly reacts to it. You put on a thin layer and leave it on for 10 minutes. The whole time it’s on, your skin tingles like crazy. You can really tell it’s doing something! It’s not the most comfortable feeling but I do feel like it helps my skin as every time I do it my skin gets super glowy afterwards. My husband even remarked on the glowineess of my skin! I’ve used quite a few Glytone products and really like everything I’ve used from them.
One last thing worth mentioning that you guys may think I’m crazy for…