I had bought ground flaxseed meal as I had read that it was a replacement for butter in baking so this was my first time using it. You can’t really taste it, maybe just a hint of a nutty flavor but it seems to be a fab replacement for butter so I will be working it into other recipes.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In your mixer (or bowl if you don’t have one) mix together the flaxseed meal, brown sugar, honey, egg and water.
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the oats and mix well.
- Add the dry
ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- If you’d like to make batches with different ingredients (one batch raisin, one batch chocolate chip) split the batch now into different bowls.
- Add in the raisins (or other ingredient of your choosing) and mix well into the batter.
- Using a spoon, scoop the batter and roll into a ball. Place onto the cookie sheet. Don’t worry about placing them too far apart as they don’t spread much.
- Sprinkle each ball with a little cinnamon (optional but I loved it!)
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes until edges and top of the cookies are slightly brown. Cool on a wire rack.
You May Also Like…