As I get older, I am more and more thankful to my mom for introducing me to a great skincare routine early on. I’ve always been very aware of my wrinkles and trying to prevent getting more or at least slow down the process. I really believe that a good skincare routine is so valuable especially during the summer when we spend so much time in the sun which can be so damaging to our skin.
Here’s my 5 steps that I try to follow to keep my skin healthy during the summer:
1) Drink lots of water: This is a great tip not only for your health but your skin appreciates it too! I notice on the days where I don’t drink as much water, my skin gets a bit drier, flaky and my eye bags actually become a lot more noticeable. I love carrying reusable water bottles for keeping my water cold all day long and highly recommend using them over buying bottled water!
2) Use a good anti-aging moisturizer: I started using the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream and love that it’s a light weight cream that helps not only with wrinkles and skin firming but it’s also very hydrating! I’m really impressed with this cream as I’ve used many creams that cost a lot more but I’ve already seen great results using it! I’m not the only one that thinks this, in fact, in an independent test by the Good Housekeeping Institute it showed that Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream outperforms 10 top prestige creams, including one with a $440 price tag.
The following benefits were also found in the test:
- FAST-ACTING: At the three-hour mark, Olay moisturized 400% better than a cream nearly 18 times its price and beat all other products tested.
- LONG-LASTING HYDRATION: Olay increased moisture by 50% on average over a 24-hour period.
- LIGHTWEIGHT TEXTURE: In blind comparisons, consumers preferred Olay 80% of the time over expensive creams, reporting that it felt “rich” without being heavy.
- FIRMING & PLUMPING INGREDIENTS: Formulated with powerhouse ingredients like niacinamide and hyaluronic acid, Olay improved skin’s texture by 10% in four weeks.
3) Use SPF Daily: This is just so important as you never want to go out in the sun with your face unprotected, even on non-sunny days. That’s just like inviting age spots and wrinkles to your face. The Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream is light enough that I can use it as my base layer and then cover it with a SPF 50 moisturizer.
4) Hats and Sunglasses: Cute accessories, yes but also great for sun protection! When I know I will be in the sun for a long time, I always have a hat with me. I love wide brim hats for on the beach or a just a cute and simple baseball cap for when we are out for walks with the dogs or playing at the park with my daughter. Sunglasses are pretty much essentials, especially when you are driving. I almost always have two pairs on me at all times as I tend to forget I have a pair in my bag already and then I grab another pair as I’m leaving out the door. Squinting in the sun is going to create more lines and wrinkles and we don’t want that! Look for sunglasses with 100% UV Protection to really help protect your eyes.
5) Get some fresh air! I know my tips don’t seem skincare related at all but it’s because we tend to forget about the simple things that can help our skin and our bodies. I find that being indoors all the time in the summer, especially with the air conditioning always on makes my skin so dry. The weekdays can be tough as we are all so busy but we try to take to go out and take walks after we’ve had dinner while the weather is a bit cooler and it’s still bright out (Seattle doesn’t get dark until about 9pm these days). On the weekends we like to wake up early to beat the crowds at our favorite park and we all always feel so much more refreshed when we can start the day on a nice leisurely walk. And if you haven’t noticed, this tip combines all the 4 tips above. Make sure to drink lots of water, don’t forget your sunscreen and moisturizer and bring along sunglasses or a hat while you are out on your walk!
It’s so important as we age, especially as women who have careers, kids and families and end up taking care of everyone else first. We need to make sure to take care of ourselves as well.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.
You May Also Like…