I can’t believe it’s already FEBRUARY. It seems like New Years was just yesterday and I was making all sorts of goals (new and old) for 2018. If you’re like me, you might have had some health + fitness related goals on your list this year (like every year, am I right?). Since I started my own health + fitness lifestyle a few years ago, I’ve found things that work for me and my busy schedule and others that just don’t. MEAL PREP is one of those things that just WORKS. The better prepared I am at the beginning of the week, the more likely I am to stay the course. But on those weeks that I don’t have time or just decide to “wing it,” I’m 100% more likely to veer off track.
Quick, easy and healthy recipe
In the perfect world, I would love to spend hours + hours on meal prep, have enough time to workout and take a long shower to release those toxins from a nice long sweat sesh but in reality, my days are busy running around between work, kid’s homework, after school activities, tournaments and church obligations. This means I have to be smart about how I’m spending my time and my preference is not to slave over a meal for hours on end. I’m all about quick + easy – and if it’s healthy, that’s an added bonus!
Enter: Eggroll in a Bowl. This meal is so quick that in the time it takes you to read the ingredients, you’ll have made the entire dish start to finish! This dish is easy to make in bulk which means when it comes to meal prep, you make it once and have lunches for the rest of the week! #winning! Being Korean, I’m always looking for Asian inspired dishes for meal prep (something other than rotisserie chicken and broccoli because we all know that gets old…FAST!). Try this for your next meal prep and let me know how it turns out!
EGGROLL IN A BOWL
Prep Time: 10 min.
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey
- 2 bags cole slaw mix
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (or ginger powder to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or garlic powder to taste)
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 4 eggs beaten
1. Heat ground turkey, ginger and garlic in a large skillet on medium high heat (season with sea salt + pepper). Drain fat.
2. Add in 2 bags cole slaw mix and liquid aminos (soy sauce). Stir to combine.
3. Push eggroll mixture to the side of the pan and pour in beaten eggs. Scramble.
4. Return to heat and combine eggroll mixture and scrambled eggs. (NOTE: cook as long as you like depending on how cooked you like your veggies. I like mine with a bit of crunch so only stir to combine and let the heat from the mixture wilt the veggies slowly)
5. Serve by itself or over brown rice.
For more ideas on meal prep and other related fitness inspiration, check out and like G.I. Jen Fitness!
For help getting started with your own health + fitness journey, fill out an application here!
You May Also Like…